May you be blessed with warmth in your home, love in your heart, peace in your soul and joy in your life.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hi all -

Yesterday was J and my wedding anniversary, and this weekend is B's birthday. Next week is my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary and my birthday. And the week after is my nephew's birthday and two of our close friends have a birthday that week as well. Funny how much stuff is crammed into this month now. And we are less than 3 weeks away from the first day of school. D is currently attending Huntington Learning Center, getting some one on one time to ensure that she is ready for first grade. She slid through kindergarten but didn't really enjoy it and I think that she was not quite ready for it. She's been going to tutoring for a few weeks now, and she loves it. And she is learning, and listening, and even she can see results from it. She amazed herself the other day reading billboards. "Mom, I can read that!" Tonight, one of her extra credit activities was to read in a funny place. I found her in my bathtub with her blanket, pillow, and three books. I just laughed and went the other direction, so I wouldn't interrupt her. I hope that she learns to love reading as much as I do.

Speaking of which, I recently climbed aboard the Game of Thrones ride. By that I mean reading the books. I haven't watched the HBO series yet, but it may not be far off. Although, due to my Facebook feed, I already know a lot of the "spoilers" just reading the books. I may start on the show later. There are 135 holds on Season 1 discs at the library. Guess I should start searching out other ways to watch it......anyone have HBO Go? :) Hmmm....go.....ing to bed now. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment